President: Patrick George, Watertown Veterans Services
1st Vice: Robert Santiago, Commissioner, City of Boston
2nd Vice: Jason Main, Leicester Veterans Services
Sgt-at-Arms: Charly Oliva Belchertown Veterans Services
Western Mass: Stephanie Shaw, Chicopee Veterans Services
Central Mass: Alex Arriaga, Worcester Veterans Services
Northeast: (Vacant), Veterans Services
Southeast: Vincent Fountaine, Braintree Veterans Services
Chaplain/Sick Call: Michael Raymond
Secretary: Vacant: Veterans Services
Treasurer/Budget Finance Officer: Veterans Services
Legislative Agent: Mike Sweeney
Webmaster: Eric Segundo, Ludlow Veterans Services
Seek out and develop personal and professional relationships with public and private organizations throughout the Commonwealth utilizing inclusion, collaboration and cooperation to enhance services for our clients; cultivate interactions with organizations to strengthen existing relationships to better serve our clients; and continue to focus on personal and professional development for the MVSOA and its membership.
Increase professionalism within the MVSOA and its members.
• Focus on legislation to strengthen Chapter 115 and laws benefiting veterans and dependents
• Strengthen ties with other professional organizations and extend and continue on-going dialogs with these organizations (DVS, MMA, AGs Office, VA, etc.)
• Remain focused on fiscal responsibility within the MVSOA and E-Board
• Remain focused on initial training for newly appointed VSOs and on-going sustainment training for experienced VSOs to insure that we are meeting the needs of our veterans and our communities.
The elected officers will participate as a member of one (1) of the four (4) required committees.
• Committee Chairmen will be limited to overseeing one (1) committee, unless approved by a majority of the elected officers. I view these as "Collateral Duties" and should be the primary focus of each committee chairman. If members are responsible for overseeing numerous committees, it can lead to ineffectiveness and does not allow for additional participation by members of the association.
• Committee Chairmen will be responsible for conducting regularly scheduled meetings (In-person, telephone, video conferencing, etc.). These can also be conducted in conjunction with regional association meetings.
• Some committees may be consolidated or eliminated.
The four (4) elected officers will rotate to each regional MVSOA meeting. This will allow area MVSOA members to receive updates and engage with the elected representatives.
• Area Presidents (or their designee) will be required to attend E-Board meetings. This is important so that the E-Board is updated on events and issues throughout the state.
• E-Board and area meetings will be adjusted so that only one (1) meeting is held per week.
• Committee Chairmen will provide an update at each E-Board. "In-Progress" reports will not be accepted on a repeated basis. Repeated "In-Progress" reports may result in the committee being eliminated or Chairman being replaced.
Each area president (or designee) will be responsible for presenting updates on the following information:
• Outreach Programs/Campaigns
• Summary of prior meeting
• Date of future meeting and location
Responsible for coordinating efforts to report and verify questionable charitable organizations to the Attorney General's Office, Veterans Affairs Representative.
Chapter 115/CMR Committee
MMA Advisory Committee